Common Injuries Sustained After an Automobile Accident
Many of the injuries sustained during a car accident aren’t apparent immediately after. If you’ve been involved in a car accident, get medical care even when you feel fine. A delay in medical care may cause more injuries and pain later down the road. Plus, if you need to file a lawsuit in the matter later on, proof of the injury from the doctor is an essential key in winning your case.
When you are involved in a car accident, it is also important to speak to an attorney such as a Car Accident Lawyer in San Antonio. Should you need to file a lawsuit, the attorney is there to guide you through the complex process and ensure that justice is served in the matter. Lawyers aren’t afraid to step up to the other guys if it means winning the case and getting you what you deserve after an accident.
Some of the most severe injuries that occur after a car accident do not show up for days or weeks later. Among the delayed car accident injuries that might affect your life:
- Headaches: Headaches are often times experienced after an accident. While the headache may be nothing more than an effect of the banging, it can also indicate traumatic brain injury, whiplash, or other problems.
- Dizziness: Dizziness is never a laughing matter. If you experience dizziness days after an auto accident, it could be a sign of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo or other health issues.
- Being unsteady on your feet.
- Neck Pain: Neck pain oftentimes occur weeks after an accident, causing agonizing pain for the victim. If you’re not visited the doctor, you could be out of luck if this happens to you.
- Back Pain: Back pain can be excruciating and may occur after a car accident due to spinal injuries, herniated discs, and many other problems.
- Abdominal Pain: Abdominal pain can be the result of internal bleeding or organ damage. Again, it may not be felt as soon as an accident takes place. You’re in shock and may feel nothing for some time, in fact. Do not take this type of risk and make sure to visit the doctor after an accident.
The concerns listed above are among the most common that people experience after a car accident but oftentimes day or weeks down the road. It is not a complete list of complaints, however, so make sure you get the medical attention needed after an accident to be safe and not sorry later down the road.
How Can A Lawyer Help You?
A lawyer offers free, no obligation consultations to discuss your accident and to determine the next best steps to take. If the insurance company doesn’t offer a satisfying settlement, you may wish to pursue the matter in a court of law to get the money and justice that you deserve. Lawyers make sure this is a smooth process from start to finish and they get you the maximum award possible for your injuries and damages.